Friday, May 30, 2008

Smokin'

This year's World No Tobacco Day theme is Tobacco Free Youth.

Indeed, the tobacco industries catch our children at an early age. They see the ads on TV and in movie houses, from the huge billboards at EDSA, when they go online, etc. The fact that all of these are "nurtured" by their families as well to get into the habit of puffing is disconcerting - dad asks his kid to buy some sticks from the sari-sari store, mom smokes in the house, etc.

If you love your children, help break the habit. Break the tobacco marketing net.

2 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I like that sign. I would like one in my house.

Anonymous said...

It's going to be end of mine day, but before end I am reading
this enormous paragraph to increase my knowledge.

Feel free to visit my blog :: Honda Atv Parts Online - -