Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Seeing double

I love my glass window. It always provide me with visually stimulating images such as this. This was taken just after a brief downpour. At first I thought it was your regular rainbow, with the regular set of colors. But as I focused my viewfinder more closely, I noticed on the left a second, dimmer, and thicker secondary rainbow. It was caused by a double reflection of sunlight inside the raindrops. Notice that the colors of the secondary rainbow is reverse that of the primary one. It lasted only for a minute or two but it was unforgettable.

Photobucket

Its times like these that I am reminded how beautiful life is.
Its images like this which make me grateful for being alive.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I love rainbows! They always make me smile. Love this shot.


joy
Norwich Daily Photo
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
I, Woman

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

love rainbows, too. thanks for dropping by.

Unknown said...

Great capture!

Ann Pablo-Bechet said...

jm,
thanks. it was my first encounter to such a phenomenon.